- 1 What’s the best way to sell antique coins?
- 2 Can I sell coins on Etsy?
- 3 What are antique coins?
- 4 Where can I find really old coins?
- 5 Why are ETSY prices so high?
- 6 Does everything sold on Etsy have to be handmade?
- 7 How do I post something on Etsy?
- 8 How old does a coin have to be to be considered antique?
- 9 How can I sell my old coins in Indiamart?
- 10 How do I find the value of old coins?
- 11 What old coins are worth money?
- 12 Where is the best place to metal detect for old coins?
- 13 Can you still find wheat pennies?
What’s the best way to sell antique coins?
Best places to sell coins online
- CoinsForSale.com Only 5% to sell. No listing fee.
- Heritage Auctions 10% fee. Consignment program.
- Ebay 10% fee plus listing fees. Wide audience.
- Apmex Well known. But won’t pay until after you’ve shipped your coins.
- Modern Coin Mart Won’t pay you until after you’ve sent them your coins.
Can I sell coins on Etsy?
Re: Selling modern coins You can’t sell them if they are not at least 20 years old, those are Etsy rules, they only allow handmade, vintage or craft supplies. That is precisely why those sellers are listing them as handmade, in order to bypass the vintage rule.
What are antique coins?
The term ancient is simply a loose generalization applied to old coins. This can be a useful starting point for anyone interested in trading and collecting coins of a different era. Closely examine the coin for legends, including its country of origin, date, mintmark and denomination.
Where can I find really old coins?
Around Your House. Your house is a great place to look for old coins. Attics and cellars are usually the two places in your house that yield the best results. Lost coins can be found in storage boxes for clothes and in household items such as old desks, wardrobes and furniture.
Why are ETSY prices so high?
Individual Sellers Another reason that Etsy is so expensive is that there are individual sellers. Each of these sellers has their own little shop on the market. There is really nothing stopping any of these sellers from charging whatever they would like for their items.
Does everything sold on Etsy have to be handmade?
Etsy is a unique marketplace. Everything listed for sale on Etsy must be handmade, vintage, or a craft supply. Handmade items are items that are made and/or designed by you, the seller. Read our full Handmade Policy here.
How do I post something on Etsy?
To list an item in your Etsy shop:
- On Etsy.com, click Shop Manager. (On the Sell on Etsy app, tap More.)
- Click Listings. If you’re a new seller, click Your shop.
- Click Add a listing. On the Sell on Etsy app, tap the + (plus) icon.
How old does a coin have to be to be considered antique?
The trading standard, or perhaps a ‘purist’s’ definition of what is antique is an item that is more than 100 years old. Some believe items over 50 years old should be considered antique and some use an 80-year marker. It’s a hotly debated topic among dealers.
How can I sell my old coins in Indiamart?
First you need to visit the official website indiamart.com. You will have to register yourself on the website. Soon after the registration, you just need to click a picture of your coin, and put it for sale on the platform. After this, you will get chance to talk to interested buyers who will contact you.
How do I find the value of old coins?
Multiply the weight of the coin by the percentage “fineness ” of the coin (the percentage of the coin that is gold or silver). This will establish how much of the precious metal you have to sell. Multiply the result of the first calculation by the current price of the precious metal in the coin.
What old coins are worth money?
8 Valuable Coins in Circulation Today
- 1943 Lincoln Head Copper Penny.
- 1955 Doubled Die Penny.
- 1969-S Lincoln Cent with Doubled Die Obverse.
- 1982 No Mint Mark Roosevelt Dime.
- 1999-P Connecticut Broadstruck Quarter.
- 2004 Wisconsin State Quarter With Extra Leaf.
- 2005-P “In God We Rust” Kansas State Quarter.
Where is the best place to metal detect for old coins?
If there are old, abandoned homes in your neighborhood, make a point to take your metal detector there. Search around front porches, back door steps, walkways and driveways. Scan floors, baseboards and floor coverings carefully for lost coins.
Can you still find wheat pennies?
Wheat pennies are still readily found in circulation and because of the relative price of just $25 for a box of these coins, they are cheap and will keep the coin roll searcher on his or her toes. The coin is made out of mostly copper, but steel versions of the coin were issued during World War II.