- 1 What is the fear of old things called?
- 2 What is the rarest phobia ever?
- 3 What is it called when you have a fear of chairs?
- 4 Is Billy Bob Thornton afraid of antiques?
- 5 What is Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
- 6 What is Megalophobia?
- 7 What is the stupidest phobia?
- 8 What is the #1 phobia?
- 9 What is the saddest phobia?
- 10 What is the fear of bread called?
- 11 What causes Bibliophobia?
What is the fear of old things called?
Gerontophobia is the fear of age-related self-degeneration (similar to Gerascophobia), or a hatred or fear of the elderly due to memento mori. The term comes from the Greek γέρων – gerōn, “old man” and φόβος – phobos, “fear”.
What is the rarest phobia ever?
Rare and Uncommon Phobias
- Ablutophobia | Fear of bathing.
- Arachibutyrophobia | Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth.
- Arithmophobia | Fear of math.
- Chirophobia | Fear of hands.
- Chloephobia | Fear of newspapers.
- Globophobia (Fear of balloons)
- Omphalophobia | Fear of Umbilicus (Bello Buttons)
What is it called when you have a fear of chairs?
The fear of chairs is called Cathedraphobia. This is a sub-branch of general furniture fear called epiplaphobia and characterized by the anxiety towards empty chairs, mainly antiques. Those suffering from a fear of chairs are often afraid they can’t control their reaction in the vicinity of certain chairs.
Is Billy Bob Thornton afraid of antiques?
Mr. Thornton also covers his marriage to Angelina Jolie, his early struggles and later success in Hollywood, and his well-publicized “phobias,” which include a fear of antiques.
What is Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is one of the longest words in the dictionary — and, in an ironic twist, is the name for a fear of long words. Sesquipedalophobia is another term for the phobia. Instead, hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is considered a social phobia.
What is Megalophobia?
If the thought of or encounter with a large building, vehicle, or other object causes intense anxiety and fear, you may have megalophobia. Also known as a “fear of large objects,” this condition is marked by significant nervousness that is so severe, you take great measures to avoid your triggers.
What is the stupidest phobia?
Top 10 Stupidest Phobias
- Anatidaephobia (fear that somewhere, somehow a duck watching you)
- Pentheraphobia (fear of your mother-in-law)
- Chrometophobia (fear of money)
- Cherophobia (fear of happiness)
- Bananaphobia (fear of bananas)
- Biophobia (fear of living things)
What is the #1 phobia?
1. Arachnophobia: The fear of spiders. This phobia tends to affect women more than men. 2. Ophidiophobia: The fear of snakes.
What is the saddest phobia?
Bibliophobia: a fear of books. The saddest phobia of them all.
What is the fear of bread called?
The word Cibophobia or Sitophobia is derived from Greek Sitos which means bread and phobos which means fear.
What causes Bibliophobia?
Like other areas of mental health, the cause is likely a combination of genetic and environmental influences. Some people have very specific experiences in their past that they associate with the fear of books, such as an embarrassing situation reading out loud in front of others.