- 1 What is the stupidest phobia?
- 2 What is the rarest phobia you can have?
- 3 What is Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
- 4 What does Cynophobia mean?
- 5 What is the word Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis mean?
- 6 Why is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious a word?
- 7 Why are we afraid of spiders?
- 8 What is a Cynophilist?
What is the stupidest phobia?
Top 10 Stupidest Phobias
- Anatidaephobia (fear that somewhere, somehow a duck watching you)
- Pentheraphobia (fear of your mother-in-law)
- Chrometophobia (fear of money)
- Cherophobia (fear of happiness)
- Bananaphobia (fear of bananas)
- Biophobia (fear of living things)
What is the rarest phobia you can have?
Rare and Uncommon Phobias
- Ablutophobia | Fear of bathing.
- Arachibutyrophobia | Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth.
- Arithmophobia | Fear of math.
- Chirophobia | Fear of hands.
- Chloephobia | Fear of newspapers.
- Globophobia (Fear of balloons)
- Omphalophobia | Fear of Umbilicus (Bello Buttons)
What is Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is one of the longest words in the dictionary — and, in an ironic twist, is the name for a fear of long words. Sesquipedalophobia is another term for the phobia. Instead, hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is considered a social phobia.
What does Cynophobia mean?
Cynophobia is the fear of dogs. Like all specific phobias, cynophobia is intense, persistent, and irrational. According to a recent diagnostic manual, between 7% and 9% of any community may suffer from a specific phobia.
What is the word Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis mean?
What is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis? noun | A lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silicate or quartz dust, causing inflammation in the lungs. Due to the length of the word it is often abbreviated by language buffs to p45 (i.e. 45 characters).
Why is Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious a word?
The Oxford English Dictionary defines the word as “a nonsense word, originally used esp. by children, and typically expressing excited approbation: fantastic, fabulous”, while Dictionary.com says it is “used as a nonsense word by children to express approval or to represent the longest word in English.”
Why are we afraid of spiders?
Arachnophobia comes from the Greek word for spider, which is “arachne,” and “phobos,” the Greek word for fear. This extreme fear of spiders and other eight-legged arachnids (like scorpions) may actually be an evolutionary response: spiders, specifically poisonous ones, have long been linked to illness and infections.
What is a Cynophilist?
: a dog fancier: one that is favorably disposed toward dogs.