- 1 How do you spruce up a boring wall?
- 2 How do you spruce up a wall?
- 3 How can I decorate my home vintage style?
- 4 How do you display antiques?
- 5 How do you make a wall not look plain?
- 6 How do you hide dampness on walls?
- 7 How can I hide bad walls with paint?
- 8 How do I clean the walls in my house?
- 9 How do I make my room look vintage?
- 10 What is vintage decorating style?
- 11 How do you display collectible items?
- 12 How do I show collections without looking cluttered?
- 13 How do you display memorabilia?
How do you spruce up a boring wall?
53 Gorgeous Ways To Dress Your Blank And Boring Walls
- Hang a collage of old windows.
- Make rustic art pieces using burlap and paint.
- Put up a room-sized mural.
- Stencil just the top half of a wall.
- Arrange elegant plates on the wall.
- Make large scale block art from a picture.
- Use an old ladder as an accent.
How do you spruce up a wall?
No matter your style, we’ve got the tricks that can amp up your walls and bring out your personality and taste. 27 Wall Decor Ideas to Refresh Your Space
- Go for large-scale art.
- Curate a gallery wall.
- Incorporate an accent wall.
- Showcase a fabric.
- Hang up mirrors.
- Paint a mural.
- Install shelving.
How can I decorate my home vintage style?
Check out our guide to below to find design inspiration for creating an antique and vintage home!
- Choose a Color Scheme.
- Decide on a Room Theme.
- Focus on One Space First.
- Mix & Match Different Antique Finds.
- Use Books for Vintage Wall Decor.
- Show Off a Credenza.
- Transform Doors into a Headboard.
- Utilize a Vintage Bar Cart.
How do you display antiques?
Show Off. Create an art gallery in your home with vintage art or posters. Gallery walls look great almost anywhere, but for optimal impact, display your art in a high-traffic area like a hallway, staircase, or the living room. Use kraft paper to map out the perfect spot for each piece before hanging it.
How do you make a wall not look plain?
Below are several ideas to help make those blank walls the highlight of each room.
- Add millwork. Getty Images.
- Create a wood pallet wall. Getty Images.
- Add a map.
- Add mirrors and sconces — or ledges.
- Add a dramatic color.
- Create interesting storage options.
- Create a graffiti wall.
- Create an authentic-looking wood or stone wall.
How do you hide dampness on walls?
Not ready for a full-blown paint job? Here are 7 fixes that can conceal the imperfections of your walls
- Clad the wall in tile or natural stone.
- Spray paint a texture to highlight.
- Introduce wallpaper.
- Upholster the wall.
- Fix a lattice screen.
- Install a painting.
- Create a vertical garden.
How can I hide bad walls with paint?
The more reflective or glossy the paint sheen, the more noticeable those imperfections will be. Conversely, flat or matte finishes absorb light, helping to hide bumps and bruises. So, paint with a flat finish is the most effective paint for hiding wall imperfections.
How do I clean the walls in my house?
How to Clean Walls With Paint or Wallpaper Like a Pro
- Gather your supplies. Some good news: Wall cleaning does not require any special wall cleaner.
- Protect your floor from drips.
- Dust the walls.
- Mix water and dish soap.
- Test a patch on the wall.
- Gently wash in circular motions.
- Tackle any stubborn stains.
- Rinse the walls.
How do I make my room look vintage?
Combine an old brass bedframe with ruffled lace curtains, or pair a shiplap accent wall with a sparkling chandelier. Look for items at flea-markets and second-hand stores; a little bit of wear and tear adds that depth of character that makes a vintage style room feel lived in.
What is vintage decorating style?
Vintage style decorating uses items from the past to create a warm, nostalgic look. Today’s vintage style is not just a country look, with antiques and chintz fabric. You can recreate this look with thrift store finds painted with distressed finishes, displaying collections, using romantic fabrics, and lots of white.
How do you display collectible items?
- Place mundane objects in a stage-type setting.
- Don’t let the backdrop interfere with your display.
- Add focus with lighting.
- If you have more stuff than space, display one great object in place of two more modest pieces.
- Display valuable items behind glass doors for protection.
How do I show collections without looking cluttered?
5 Ways to Display Your Collections without Looking Cluttered
- Cluster Items in Groups. Grouping items makes the placement feel intentional rather than haphazard and cluttered.
- Create Focal Points.
- Sort Items by Color.
- Treat All Collections as Art.
- Rotate Items Seasonally.
How do you display memorabilia?
Creative Ways to Display Your Memorabilia
- Tabletop frame – Perfect for smaller, flatter items, like stamps or antique oil paintings, a tabletop frame is a functional and stylish way to show off your memorabilia.
- Clear boxes – Like a tabletop frame, the boxes allow you to see your memorabilia at all times.