What is the fear of old things called?
Gerontophobia is the fear of age-related self-degeneration (similar to Gerascophobia), or a hatred or fear of the elderly due to memento mori. The term comes from the Greek γέρων – gerōn, “old man” and φόβος – phobos, “fear”.
What is the rarest phobia ever?
Rare and Uncommon Phobias
- Ablutophobia | Fear of bathing.
- Arachibutyrophobia | Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth.
- Arithmophobia | Fear of math.
- Chirophobia | Fear of hands.
- Chloephobia | Fear of newspapers.
- Globophobia (Fear of balloons)
- Omphalophobia | Fear of Umbilicus (Bello Buttons)
What is the stupidest phobia?
Top 10 Stupidest Phobias
- Anatidaephobia (fear that somewhere, somehow a duck watching you)
- Pentheraphobia (fear of your mother-in-law)
- Chrometophobia (fear of money)
- Cherophobia (fear of happiness)
- Bananaphobia (fear of bananas)
- Biophobia (fear of living things)
What is a Pediophobia?
This fear, called pediophobia, can be triggered by popular culture, horror movies, or another traumatic event even loosely related to dolls. Pediophobia is a type of phobia known as a specific phobia, an irrational fear of something that poses no actual threat.
What is Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia?
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is one of the longest words in the dictionary — and, in an ironic twist, is the name for a fear of long words. Sesquipedalophobia is another term for the phobia. Instead, hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is considered a social phobia.
What is Athazagoraphobia?
Athazagoraphobia is a fear of forgetting someone or something, as well as a fear of being forgotten. For example, you or someone close to you may have anxiety or fear of developing Alzheimer’s disease or memory loss.