- 1 How do you wrap antiques?
- 2 How do you pack and move antiques?
- 3 How do you ship collectibles?
- 4 How do you ship fragile furniture?
- 5 How much does it cost to ship antiques?
- 6 How do you pack antique glassware?
- 7 How do you pack antique furniture for storage?
- 8 How do I protect my antique furniture when moving?
- 9 How do you package vintage items?
- 10 How do you mail high value items?
- 11 What is the best way to ship high value items?
- 12 How do I ship large delicate items?
- 13 How much does it cost to ship fragile items?
- 14 How do I ship fragile items ups?
- 15 How reliable is uShip?
How do you wrap antiques?
Use air-filled plastic wrap to create a soft cushion around each item. For maximum protection, wrap the air-filled plastic wrap around the item at least twice, making sure to cover all sides of the item as well as the top and the bottom. Secure with packing tape.
How do you pack and move antiques?
How to Move Antiques
- Wrap fragile items in bubble pack, then packing paper.
- Wrap small items in brightly colored tissue so they don’t get lost in the box.
- Pack in a box with other fragile items, using crumpled paper to fill in the gaps.
- Close the box and secure with packing tape.
- Label the box Fragile.
How do you ship collectibles?
Typically you want a padded layer and a rigid layer. You may need a sturdy box and padding (bubble wrap, wadded paper, etc.) around the collectible. However the best solution may involve the padded layer on the outside with a rigid inner protector (such a padded envelop with a toploader enclosed).
How do you ship fragile furniture?
If these more fragile components aren’t detachable, wrap them carefully in foam or bubble wrap. Wrap the furniture in Styrofoam. Use packing tape to secure the Styrofoam itself onto the pieces when you ship furniture. Place the furniture inside the box or make a box around it.
How much does it cost to ship antiques?
Typically, it will cost between $100-$1,000 or more to ship your antique furniture or other antique items using peer-to-peer shipping, depending on the number of pieces you are shipping, as well as their size, age, and value, and whether you need any additional services, such as packing or loading.
How do you pack antique glassware?
Wrap glassware items in protective cushioning – When packing glassware (think: highball glasses, wine glasses, flutes, mugs and coupes), wrap and secure each item with a protective layer, such as bubbled cushioning or foam pouch inserts. Stuff packing paper inside the glassware’s opening as well for extra protection.
How do you pack antique furniture for storage?
Wrap furniture for long-term storage. Also, never put furniture into your self storage unit uncovered. Use old sheets, blankets, drop cloths or plastic wrap to cover the pieces and protect them from dust and moisture.
How do I protect my antique furniture when moving?
You will best protect the surface of your antiques if you wrap it in with soft packing paper or a thin plastic wrap. That way, you are protecting the surface of your antiques from the dust, dirt, moisture, and scratches. Shock protection will keep your furniture safe during the bumpy transportation process.
How do you package vintage items?
Disassemble your item (if necessary). Wrap each peace of the item in bubble wrap. Seal the bubble wrap with packing tape to ensure it does not unwrap during the shipping process. Place the antique in a sturdy cardboard box fitting for its size with just a little extra room to spare.
How do you mail high value items?
Registered Mail is the safest way to send and insure your valuable item. Request Registered Mail at your local post office to receive a proof of mailing and the date and time of each attempted delivery. Registered Mail also allows you to insure your item to up to $50,000.
What is the best way to ship high value items?
UPS is the Best Carrier for Shipping High-Value Items That’s right—50 grand, 50 large, 50 big ones. Considering that most insurance partners who work with USPS and FedEx only provide coverage for up to $5,000 per shipment, UPS blows every other competitor out of the water.
How do I ship large delicate items?
Here are some best practices on how to ship fragile items the right way:
- Choose a box that’s only slightly larger than the item.
- Wrap the item in cushioning material.
- If necessary, encase the item in foam.
- Use air pillows or packing peanuts.
- Add a “fragile” label to the box.
- Affix a tilt or impact detector.
How much does it cost to ship fragile items?
There is indeed a $10.35 fee for using the USPS provided “Special Handling – Fragile” label. You can purchase insurance coverage for your mailpieces for up to $5,000 in indemnity to protect against loss or damage. Shipping insurance costs are based on the item’s declared value.
How do I ship fragile items ups?
12 Tips for Packing and Shipping Fragile Items
- Wrap Each Item with Air Bubble Cushioning.
- Wrap Each Item Individually.
- Use a New Box.
- Avoid Poly Mailers and Moving Boxes.
- Pack with Care.
- Go Heavy on Void Fill.
- Protect Your Edges.
- Consider Double Boxing.
How reliable is uShip?
On Trustpilot, uShip is rated 4 out of 5 stars, with more than 90 percent of the reviews saying the company is “excellent” or “great.” Most of the negative reviews center around people having problems with the shipping providers, not with uShip. uShip responds to most negative reviews to offer customer service help.