- 1 How do you document antiques?
- 2 How do I sell unwanted antiques?
- 3 How are antiques sold?
- 4 What is the best way to sell vintage items?
- 5 How do I get document collectibles for insurance?
- 6 How do I find the value of antiques?
- 7 How can you tell if a antique is valuable?
- 8 Does anyone buy antiques anymore?
- 9 What types of antiques are most valuable?
- 10 Is there an app for valuing antiques?
- 11 What old things are worth money?
- 12 How do you find out how much something is worth?
- 13 How do I sell my collector items?
- 14 What collectibles sell best on eBay?
How do you document antiques?
Video taping is a great way to document your antiques and collectibles. The best way to do this is to video tape the item from every angle; top, bottom, sides, front, back and inside. Also include a full room shot of your antiques and collectibles. Spend at least 3 seconds per angle.
How do I sell unwanted antiques?
10 Best places to sell antiques and collectibles
- RubyLane. RubyLane is the place to sell your antiques if you are a semi-pro antique aficionado.
- Tias. A very simple site that has not been updated in a long time.
- Auction houses.
- Flea markets.
- Antique shops.
How are antiques sold?
You can sell antiques online from your own store built with a platform like Shopify, on third-party marketplaces like Amazon and eBay, on niche websites like Etsy and Bonanza, and on social media, and via wholesale.
What is the best way to sell vintage items?
Best Places to Sell Antiques
- Etsy. Etsy only allows people to sell items that are handcrafted, custom-made, unique or vintage.
- Ruby Lane.
- Flea Markets.
How do I get document collectibles for insurance?
Document Your Collection The first step is to list your collection, including date purchased, amount paid, and any other important details. Then take pictures of every piece and keep them in a secure location, such as a fire safe or safety deposit box.
How do I find the value of antiques?
Where to Find Antique Values
- Collect.com. Collect.com allows you to buy and sell antiques and collectibles.
- David Doty. David Doty has a vast amount of information on his site about Carnival glass.
- Coin Guide. Coin Guide has a large data base of antique and collectible coins and their values.
- Antiques Navigator.
How can you tell if a antique is valuable?
How to Identify Antique Furniture
- Examine all sides of the piece. If it’s a table, turn it over and look for marks or labels.
- Check the surface of the piece. Do you see saw marks?
- Look at the joinery. Are drawers dove-tailed?
- Check the finish of the piece.
Does anyone buy antiques anymore?
Things are changing in the world of antiques and sales prices have changed over time significantly. According to The New York Times, prices are down 80% from where they were twenty years ago. Some antiques are only slightly cheaper, while others are way down.
What types of antiques are most valuable?
23 Types of Valuable Antiques to Look For
- Rare Coins.
- China Sets.
- Vintage Typewriters.
- Musical Instruments.
- Perfume Bottles.
- Fountain Pens.
- Antique Furniture. Antique furniture is another high-value item with many pieces ranging from $200 to $2000.
- Jewelry. Don’t forget to sort through old jewelry.
Is there an app for valuing antiques?
Now you can estimate the market value of collectibles and antiques from any mobile device, such as an iPhone or Android. The antique identification and value app is a great electronic alternative to the basic professional appraisal form typically used by certified appraisers.
What old things are worth money?
So to help you along, here are 15 old things in your house that could be worth a fortune.
- DAVID BOWIE’S DIAMOND DOGS VINYL.
- RETRO VIDEO GAMES.
- ANYTHING POLLY POCKET.
- VINTAGE COMICS THAT INSPIRED TODAY’S MOVIES AND TV SHOWS.
- VINTAGE ADVERTISING SIGNS.
- BOY SCOUT MEMORABILIA.
- POKÉMON CARDS.
- KANSAS QUARTERS.
How do you find out how much something is worth?
Visit an online database. Look for online databases that offer pricing information for your item. Use your preferred search engine, type in your item, and then include the word database. For instance, if you search “antiques database” there are many results that list prices of collectibles.
How do I sell my collector items?
Once you have a price in mind, you have several options for selling your item.
- Seek a specialized online dealer. You can find dealers specializing in everything from antique dolls and coins to cards and clothing.
- Sell the items yourself.
- Sell to a local antiques or collectible store (if open).
What collectibles sell best on eBay?
Toys and collectibles to sell on eBay
- #2: Disney Items. Almost anything Disney sells well on eBay.
- #3: Barbies.
- #4: Barbie accessories.
- #5: Almost anything Star Wars.
- #6: LEGOs.
- #7: On-trend toys.
- #8: Vintage toys.
- #9: Vinyl records.